Our Vietnam motorbike tours prices for each itinerary might be very different from the others. In general, the number of people in the group, means of transportation or type of bike and your specific expectations are the deciding factors.
Offroad Vietnam offer three types of motorbike adventures. From fully guided, semi-guided to self guided that carter for any budget from 15$US/person/day to 219$US/person/day. In case you want to enjoy Vietnam in a different way and have a total freedom of mind, book a fully guided trip. However, if you travel on budget then consider a semi-guided tour or just bike hire on a self guided adventure.
Our professional guides make a very big difference and with him you will see a REAL VIETNAM off the tourist trails!
We don’t offer the cheapest Vietnam motorbike tours prices in Hanoi, but we guarantee to deliver the best balance of cost/quality. If you still hesitate, check out how satisfied our customers felt after the rides.
Unguided Vietnam Motorbike Tours Prices
[ tour details ]
This is basically just bike rental service. Free advice, maps, phrase book, bike trouble shooter and tips are available when you pick up your rental motorbike(s) from our Hanoi office.
This tour is only recommended for intermediate and experienced riders. In fact, it’s the cheapest motorbiking experience you can have in Vietnam.
You should know mechanic basics and can manage things on the road. The costs of bike hire are between 15$US and 35$US per day and per bike.
01. Honda CGL125 new road motorbike (2014): 15$US/bike/day
02. Honda XR125 2013-2015 series trail bike: 20$US/bike/day
03. Honda XR150 2016 series trail bike: 25$US/bike/day
04. Honda XR250 off-road dual enduro (1998-2003): 35$US/bike/day
Including: Bike(s), a basic map of North Vietnam, a Vietnamese phrase book, practical road rules, bike trouble shooter, tool-kit and important spare parts (~3kg), advice and tips based on your rough itinerary.
Semi-guided Vietnam Motorbike Tours Prices
[ tour details ]
In addition the bike rental above, you will have a professional guide. He’s also a handy mechanic, a leader and a translator which adds much more value to the whole experience. Many of our unguided tour customers regretted for not hiring a guide. People in the countryside didn’t speak much English or they didn’t understand what the people said. In addition, their traditions and customs were different. In some cases, they even had to deal with some dishonest mechanics.
The guide rides the same type of bike as you and his salary + his bike is 100$US per day and per group of up to five riders. For example, if you are two people wanting to hire two Honda XR125’s and a guide then you pay 150$US per day for two people plus spending on the tour.
While on the road, just pay everything for yourselves and the guide plus fuel for the bikes. In the end, it’s usually not much cheaper than a fully guided tour below. But some people want flexibility on their trips and this is the way to go.
Including: Bike(s), a professional English-speaking tour guide, a small map of North Vietnam, tool-kit and important spare parts (~3kg), flat tire fix and bike maintenance, advice and tips based on your rough itinerary.
Fully Guided (All Inclusive) Vietnam Motorbike Tours Prices
[ tour details ]
Forget about negotiating things on the road and dealing with travel scams. Just ride, take in the scenery, meet local people and relax and leave everything to us. After all, this is a journey, not just an adventure.
Below are the cost details of a typical fully guided trip, based on different number of riders in your group and bikes you ride. You start and end in Hanoi in a round loop.
Standard road bike 125cc – new 2014 Honda CGL 125cc
One person: 189$US/person/day
Two people: 129$US/person/day
Three people: 119$US/person/day
Four people: 109$US/person/day
From five people: 99$US/person/day
Honda XR125L 125cc new 2013-2015 dirt bike
One rider: 209$US/person/day
Two riders: 149$US/person/day
Three riders: 139$US/person/day
Four riders: 129$US/person/day
From five riders: 119$US/person/day
On Honda XR150L 150cc off-road motorbikes 2016 new series
One person: 214$US/person/day
Two people: 154$US/person/day
Three people: 144$US/person/day
Four people: 134$US/person/day
From five people: 124$US/person/day
Honda XR250 or XR250 Baja dual enduro 1998-2003
One customer: 219$US/person/day
Two customers: 159$US/person/day
Three customers: 149$US/person/day
Four customers: 139$US/person/day
From five customers: 129$US/person/day
– Motorcycle(s) and all fuel;
– Tour guide (also a translator, leader and handy mechanic);
– Standard hotel (double, twins or triple shared room) and/or home stay (sleeping bags, mosquito nets, sheets, pillows etc. are provided);
– Third party motorbike insurance in case you have a Vietnamese motorbike driving license;
– All food (Vietnamese food, Western food costs extra);
– All entrance fees, permits, tickets, boat trips, ferries, bamboo rafts, etc;
– Offroad Vietnam provides support (1). We are with you along the way;
– Vietnamese green tea.
– Personal expenses, personal medical insurance;
– Drinks other than tea and local rice wine;
– Single room supplement in case you request a single room;
– Motorbiking protective pants, jacket, gloves, helmet, rain gear and other safety equipment at favourable rental rate;
– Bike shipping and tour guide’s travel back to Hanoi (for Ho Chi Minh trail/road trips or tours that don’t end in Hanoi);
– Train or flight tickets before and after your tour;
– Breakfast on the departure day and dinner on the return day;
– Accommodation and food in Hanoi;
(1) Add-on services such as support truck (170$US/day), airport transfers and hotel room booking and Vietnamese visa approval letter (20$US/person) etc. are available at an extra charge. This will be added on top of Vietnam motorbike tours prices.
There is no guarantee about weather conditions, tours can be delayed but there is no refund if cancelled.
– Unlike many businesses, we don’t have hidden costs. In case you crash or drop the bike and break part(s), here is all what you have to pay.
– If you ride two up, there is a small discount but only for fully guided tours.
– Costs are not the same everyday. To make it easy, we calculated Vietnam motorbike tours prices and charge equally per day.
– As a way to say “thank you”, we won’t ask deposit for returning customers. In addition, you definitely get a discount on your next tour(s).
– You can start a ride and we post an update on our availability page to get more people for you. This type of trip usually has riders with different riding experiences. If you care about strangers in the group, you’d better book a strictly private tour.
The price will be different when you select different bike options, please indicate this in your request to have a correct quotation.
Food & Accommodation
Vietnamese food is famous world-wide! Pho is the first thing you learn about. Fresh ingredients, subtle spices and exciting menus highlight the perfect time to wind down after a great day’s riding or driving.
We are familiar with all the regional specialties. When you ride with us, we will order the most delicious and fresh local food for you. However, you pay extra if you want Western food. You ride in Vietnam, so there is no reason to order Western food here.
Any tour will involve a wide variety of accommodation and will include a mixture of hotels, motels, guest-houses and private home stays. As we tour through remote areas of a developing country, accommodation is not five-star. Nevertheless, everywhere we stay is clean, comfortable and with the best standard available. You are in Vietnam not for luxury, but for a different experience.
First, none of foreign licenses is valid in Vietnam, including your country license. There are conflicting reports about this but the reality is unfortunately not a good news.
However, the good news is IDP (international driving permit) is now valid in Vietnam from August 1st 2016 with the 46/2016/ND-CP decree. You can purchase an insurance policy easily when you have an IDP. Please also bring your home country driving license with motorbike endorsement.
In case you have no IDP or Vietnamese driving license, the police rarely stop you to check license unless you do something wrong. It’s more to do with personal medical insurance that we cover below.
This is another very important thing for planning your Vietnam motorbike tours.
We don’t require any sort of license to book a trip but it’s more about insurance. Most of insurance companies don’t provide a policy that covers a motorbike tour accident if you don’t have a Vietnamese driving license. Sadly, it’s impossible to get a Vietnamese license with a tourist visa. You need a business visa of at least three months, a work permit, a sponsor company and a valid passport. All these documents should be translated into Vietnamese at a notary office and a license will be issued after 7 or 10 days. It’s just too complicated and time-consuming. With just a normal personal medical insurance you will still be covered about 19 hours a day when not riding because we only ride about 5 hours a day on average. Some companies like CHI Insurance, World Nomads and Allianz didn’t require a local driving license and covered larger displacements.
Even Vietnam doesn’t recognize any foreign license (except IDP) but take it easy you will be ok. We don’t require a license to join our tours or hire our bikes. More details are at this link.
Passport & Visa
You must carry your passport with you at all times during the ride. Also, you must have a visa for Vietnam valid for the duration of the tour. When checking in hotels, we need to register with local police every night.
Please contact us for more extensive terms and conditions. We accept no responsibility for any accident or injury, lost or damaged baggage occurring during the tour.