Why Support / Back Up Truck?
The reasons our customers need a backup truck on their motorbike adventures in Vietnam are below:
– When riding in a large group (from six riders);
– Having big bags, suit cases or camera equipment;
– Wanting spare bikes, parts and also instant back-up in case of bike breakdown;
– Taking a comfortable seat in the truck if they feel tired with riding or having a small accident;
– Travelling back to base;
– Bringing an ice box and have cold beer or water on the road;
– Personal requirements.
The cost of a backup truck is 170$US/day and that includes:
– A Hyundai 1-1.25T truck, fuel, parking and tickets for roads and bridges;
– Driver, his food and also accommodation;
– One or two spare bikes (same type of bikes you ride);
– Extra spare parts for motorbikes;
The driver speaks some English and provides more assistance to the tour guide. Therefore, if you need a repair on your bike the job will be much easier. In addition, he’s an easy going person and is very honest. Your stuff will be very secure in his hands.
In fact, when you ride on small tracks and dirt roads he can’t follow you. However, he will be a few minutes away on the main roads close enough.
Who Already Used This Truck?
Normally, a private group selects this option and shares the cost between riders. The smallest group size that booked this support truck was a group of three and the largest being 17 riders. From our experience, when you ride in a group from six people, a support truck is very very useful in many ways. Therefore, it is recommended as a great add-on.
Bags On Truck
This truck is not allowed in the inner city (Old Quarter) of Hanoi after 6am. Therefore, the driver will come to your hotel and load the big bags on the truck very early in the morning the day you commence your motorbike tour with Offroad Vietnam. Please get all bags that you want to store in the truck ready at the hotel reception the evening before the ride. In fact, you don’t need to wake up and meet the driver. Just get some sleep and leave that job for us. Passports, travel documents, valuables, and cameras should be with you, don’t store in the truck.
This truck allows one passenger, so if you have a passenger he/she travels on the back of our guide’s bike for 15km. This way allows everyone on your trip starts at the same time from our office. Below is a photo of how we will be together on the road, taken on the best motorbike tour of Vietnam – Ha Giang epic ride.
More Add-ons Offroad Vietnam Adventure Travel Provides
Contact us at email@example.com in case you need more details of our back up truck for your Vietnam motorbike tour(s).