(Honda PCX 125cc touring scooter. Monthly rate for commuting in Hanoi: 90 USD/30 days (limited mileage: 1,500km/month). Daily rate: 12$US/day (unlimited mileage).)
About Honda PCX 125cc
Honda PCX 125cc touring scooter was made in Vietnam in 2011.
PCX means Personal Commuter Next Generation that’s Honda’s new small friendly 125cc scooter. Despite its popularity in many countries, surprisingly Vietnamese people don’t really like it. Honestly, it’s quite a good model, with good suspension, strong power, large storage space, and amazing performance.
In general, PCX is a stylish and decidedly sporty new mid-sized Honda scooter that really delivers on routine errands, short commutes, and even enjoyable little getaways – the 2011 PCXTM. Its modern good looks combine with easy handling to create a practical yet fun riding companion. Thanks to its strong-running 125cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected four-stroke engine, and capable chassis, the PCX serves well for getting around town and even for back-road weekend adventures. With comfortable seating to accommodate the rider plus a passenger and a surprisingly large under-seat storage area that’s big enough to swallow a full-face helmet and more, the PCX serves as an accommodating package that rolls economical transportation and a fun-filled ride all into one.
Honda PCX 125cc Specific Features
– Modern looks evoke styling cues from sport motorcycles.
– Comfortable seat offers accommodations for two-up riding.
– 1.6-gallon fuel tank offers ample cruising range.
– Instrumentation includes speedometer, fuel gauge, and trip meter.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Ignition system/steering lock helps provide security when parked.
– Side stand and centre stand offer parking options.
– Large, lockable under-seat storage space can hold a full-face helmet and more.
– Helmet hook under the seat.
– Storage compartment under the dash for small items.
– Fuel tank located under floorboard for the lower centre of gravity and enhanced riding traits.
According to Japanese engineers, this scooter would reduce consumption by 5% (and therefore all the CO2 emissions). Okay, if you are looking for 125cc scooters to commute in Hanoi this is a pretty good choice for now. Honda PCX 125 is the best 125cc scooter for 2011.
Honda PCX 125cc Specifications
Engine type: PGM – FI, coating cylinder, four-stroke, liquid-cooled
Displacement: 125cc single cylinder
Bore x stroke: 52.4 x 57.9 mm
Ignition method: CDI, Digital with electronic advance
Maximum power: 8.59 kW / 8,500 rpm
Maximum torque: 11.7 Nm / 6,000 rpm
Dimensions: 1,920 x 730 x 1,090mm
Wheelbase: 1,305 mm
Seat height: 761 mm
Ground clearance: 135 mm
Fuel tank capacity: 6.2l
Fuel consumption: 1.9l / 100km with Idling Stop technology
Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
Transmission: Honda V-Matic belt-converter automatic transmission
Dry weight: 125kg
Front tire: 90/90-14 M/C 46P
Rear tire: 100/90-14 M/C 57P
Front brake: Disc, combi
Rear brake: Drum
For current Japanese Honda automatic scooters Offroad Vietnam hires out, please follow this link.